Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nuclear Chemistry

http://esher.glogster.com/false-9078/
For this blog I chose to research question number two:
Q:
2)      Nuclear chemistry has found many applications in medicine. Research some of these applications and discuss them to the best of your ability. There are also health risks associated with radiaton  which you could discuss and research. While I do not expect you to understand or explain every detail, do your best to give as much detail as possible.  Be sure to also include specific nuclear reactions involved (among your applicatons, you can also discuss MRI which is often misuderstood as radioactive eventhough it isn't. No nuclear reaction is involved but the nucleus is an essential part of it. In fact, it is referred to something different in a chemistry setting (NMR). Why do you think they changed the name?)

 I decided to  focus specifically on the procedure of nuclear medicine, the applications of nuclear medicine, and the health effects of radiation. 
*While viewing a glogster remember to scroll through each box. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Emily, I love your blog! I never would have thought to do a glogster. Originally I thought a glog wouldn't provide enough space for you to be able to produce your information in an organized manor. However, you'r glog is both visually appealing and very well organized with very informative information. Also you'r video while at first I agree is a little silly, does a great job of summarizing nuclear chemistry. You did a great job of explaining the various uses of nuclear chemistry in medicine. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked you glogster. It was organized very well, and your information was very detailed. I also really liked the video at the beginning of your glogster that defined Nuclear Chemistry. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you organized your information. Starting off with the video brought the term "nuclear medicine" into perspective and helped me understand what point you were trying to get across. I also liked the health risks, because that was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard nuclear medicine. Good job!

    ReplyDelete